Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BarbaWire, Feb. 2



Snow-ver

Our little blizzard is done and it was not as bad as some of the ones I experienced in Colorado, but it was still pretty gnarly. I am guessing folks that got stuck on Lake Shore Drive would disagree with my opinion, but that's whatevs.

From my days dealing with hurricanes in Florida, I was relieved when Jim Cantore showed up, too!

I took the photo above this morning after the snow stopped. A few less clouds in the sky and I would have been convinced I was in Denver after a storm.
Also, Punxsutawney Phil, if you are wrong I am turning you into one of those Russian hats come March.

Fat Guys Bond
Elton John and Rush Limbaugh are friends. Maybe it is because Limbaugh paid him a $1 million to sing at his wedding or maybe Rush just really, really loves Crocodile Rock. Still, that is just odd. More.

Lindsay, Lindsay
Fresh out of rehab, Lindsay Lohan is now under investigation for stealing an expensive necklace. C'mon, LiLo. More.

Egypt Update
Protests continue in Egypt, but now proponents of President Hosni Mubarak are attacking journalists. This is not particularly surprising given the internet blackout there Anderson Cooper was punched ten times, Christiane Amanpour was surrounded by a group that declared their hatred of Americans. Ugh, Amanpour might live in New York, but she is half Persian and half British and has a very pronounced accent, but I suppose those are just semantics in the hatred.

Priorities?
A homeless couple that had 90 cents to their name has won an all-expense-paid trip to Dallas for the Super Bowl. She talks about how she prayed for a job so that she could get an apartment. She talks about how she is really looking forward to "spooning" her man. He talks about bleeding green and gold.
I realize everyone is entitled to some joy and fun, but perhaps selling this trip to maybe rent an apartment is a better idea? I also can't believe the reporter never asked that question! More.

No comments:

Post a Comment