Thursday, February 10, 2011

BarbaWire, Feb. 10


Diet Stroke?
A new study out of the University of Miami claims that diet soda boosts the risk of suffering a stroke. The study is preliminary, so they are not quite sure why. Perhaps it is the aspartame, phosporic acid and, potassium benzoate? I mean, I don’t know a thing about any of those ingredients but I am guessing they can’t be good. More.
Well, hell, what am I supposed to drink then? I conserve my calories for Maker’s Mark and I am not about to start drinking water. I saw this and it nearly gave me a heart attack!

Mubarak Needs a Clue
It was widely reported Thursday afternoon that Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak would announce his resignation. He didn’t. Instead, he said he was not going anywhere until the September elections, but delegated much of his responsibility to his Vice President Omar Suleiman. He thought this was a good compromise. It wasn’t. Thousands of people flooded Tahrir Square to hear his resignation and now they are pissed. The protests have been going strong for 17 days and are expected to resume on Friday.
More.
President Obama states the obvious.

Cavalosers
By now, you should know that the Cleveland Cavaliers lost their mojo when they lost their star LeBron James. The team has lost 26 consecutive games, a record for the NBA. If they lose on Friday night when they play the LA Clippers on Friday they would set a record for the longest losing streak in the history of pro sports in the U.S.
More.
Tough break, guys. But if you are gonna be losers, do it with some flair. Watch the end of the
Bad News Bears. (at 1:30ish)

This and That

Ok, I need to hurry up and get to Frontier, the new West Town bar that opened tonight. So....

This isn’t news, but it is funny. I am not a huge fan of Steve Harvey, but he cracks me up when removes the stoner’s hand from his oh-so-delicate polyblend suit.
Ha.

Don’t threaten me with a good time! Dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment