Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BarbaWire, April 7



Song of the Day: "Da Butt" by E-U
Another Day of Stubbornness
Despite a grueling day of negotiations, lawmakers still have not hammered out a budget and we are now a day closer to a government shutdown. There is a lot more than a budget at stake here. It is largely a political contest between President Obama and Speaker of the House John Boehner. Obama is trying to cast an image that he is above the politicking and – as the New York Times puts it – is acting like “a disappointed father figure having to mediate a dispute between two squabbling siblings.” Meanwhile, Boehner is balancing the leadership of the overall party with meeting the demands of the tea party. More.
Oh, and apparently Boehner cried. Again. This time behind close doors.
Lloron.

Just Give Me a Hit
A University of Maryland study says we are hooked on the internet. Nearly a quarter of the American students that participated in the internet and media blackout went through withdrawal symptoms during their 24-hour disconnection. One even said she was itching like a crackhead. To which I ask how does she know how a crackhead feels? I am just a recreational user, I swear. I could quit anytime I want. I have some friends, on the other hand, that would re-enact that scene from “Boyz In the Hood.” If you have to ask you don’t wanna know. More.
Also, let’s all just be happy we were not in Georgia or Armenia when this happened.
More.

Flip Flop Fail
More reasons not to wear flip flops. In addition to making you look short and walk as if you are waddling, they might damage your lower body and make you more accident prone. I learned that lesson the hard way. Last year – on my birthday – I fell down the stairs to the Blue Line because of my slippery flip flops.
Burn them.

30 Rocked
Alec Baldwin says that next season will be the last for 30 Rock, my favorite show on television. Their contracts are up; Tina Fey has movies to direct and Baldwin is rumored to want to pursue politics. This is just Baldwin talking for now, nothing has been confirmed. While I am hopelessly devoted to Liz Lemon and might be channeling Jack Donaghy with my hair, I am not entirely opposed to this. There will be no dramatic “Nooooo!” from me. Nothing is worse than a show that has overstayed its welcome, looking at you Grey’s Anatomy.
More.

Glenn Becked
Glenn Beck is ending his Fox News show. He and the network are pretending like everything is cool. It really isn’t. I am guessing all those chalkboards are expensive.
More.

That's Ruff
It is probably not a good idea to bark at a police dog when you’re trashed. Even if he started it. More.

No comments:

Post a Comment