Wednesday, April 13, 2011

BarbaWire, April 13



Song of the Day: "Back in Your Head" By Tegan and Sara

Obama Talks Debt
President Obama is expected to release details today about his plan to cut the national debt through cuts to programs like Medicare and raise taxes. More.

More Business Ethics
Wow, who knew business ethics was such a hot topic right now? First Bernie Madoff says he might teach an ethics course and now a La Salle University professor has been suspended for bringing strippers to an extra-credit seminar. Is this what goes on in business school? I wonder if the girls are paying their way through college?
More.

Real Men Wear Pink
In a recent J. Crew’s kids campaign there is a photo of Jenna Lyons, president and creative director of the company, painting her son’s toenails pink. Apparently, he loves pink. I think it is a bit indulged, but Dr. Keith Ablow, who authored a book with Glenn Beck by the way, think this is the end of our civilization because he thinks gender confusion is going to create a bunch of people uninterested (or incapable of) raising children. Easy, buddy. Easy. More.
This story reminded me of two things. First, I have a cousin who is big and tough and has a bit of temper. He is also a big softy, particularly when it comes to his daughter. His daughter likes to play beauty shop with him and painted his toe nails hot pink, too. Well, remember that bad temper I mentioned? One time he got into a bar fight and landed up in jail with those pink toe nails. Awkward.
Also, in the 1990s, I used to leave J. Crew catalogs around the house with stuff circled. My mom would indulge me from time to time! Being a grown-up sucks, but if you’re reading, mom, summer is coming and I need some
shorts.

Wrist Size Matters
Wrist size in children might help determine if they are destined for heart disease. It is tied to insulin levels and being big boned. Over the last few years I’ve become kind of obsessed with my wrist size since it was only in the last few years that I could actually wrap my fingers around them. Any time it gets to be a tough reach I freak out. For real.
More.

GOP Hopefuls
As I said yesterday, I don’t hate Mitt Romney. Now that he has said that President Obama was born in the U.S. and that Republicans need to focus on other things reaffirms that.
More.
Meanwhile, former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty said he is running for president on Piers Morgan's show, but he didn’t mean he is actually running for president yet. Say what you mean, dude.
More.

No comments:

Post a Comment